From 11:59pm tonight, the 5 reasons to leave home have been lifted and restrictions will be eased carefully across Victoria (including the City of Yarra).
These changes follow the Premier’s announcement this morning and should be in place for the next 2 weeks.
- The 5km travel limit from your home will be lifted.
- You can travel between metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.
- Up to 10 people can gather outdoors from any number of households (infants under 12 months aren’t included in this cap).
- There can still be no visitors to your home excluding intimate partners, and single person bubbles for those living alone.
- Schools will be able to resume face-to-face learning for all students from Wednesday 28 July.
- A capacity limit for offices of 25% or up to 10 people if your total workplace is 40 or less
- All employees are still encouraged to work from home if they can.
- Cafes, restaurants and pubs will open for seated service with a maximum patron cap of 100 per venue. A density limit of 1 person per 4 sqm applies and group sizes cannot exceed 10.
- Retail, gyms, swimming pools, entertainment venues and community facilities will reopen subject to density limits.
- Hairdressing, beauty and personal care can resume, and masks can be removed for the service.
Restrictions still in place.
- Masks must still be worn indoors and outdoors and outdoors unless you’re at home or have an exemption.
- Continue to check in using QR codes at all available opportunities.
These changes may affect our services. Keep an eye on our service changes page for ongoing updates.