3 December 2021
Sadly, the Northern Territory is today reporting the death of a women in her 70s with COVID-19. The NT Government extends its sincere condolences to her family and loved ones.
The woman is from Binjari community, just outside the Katherine township and was unvaccinated.
This is the first death associated with COVID-19 in the Northern Territory and relates to the current outbreak of which there are 60 cases.
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading in our communities, it is important for everyone to follow all health directions.
· Book your COVID-19 vaccine here
· Check in using The Territory Check In App every time, everywhere
· If you have symptoms, stay away from others and get tested for COVID-19
· Wash your hands with soap and water and use hand sanitiser regularly
· Do not go to work if you feel sick
· Maintain a physical distance of 1.5 metres where possible.