The TerritoryLabor Government is creating local jobs with the award of the detailed designtender for the new marine facilities at Mandorah.
This is one offive fast-tracked projects brought forward creating more certainty for theconstruction industry and delivering much-needed infrastructure in the Top End.
Local companyCardno (NT) Pty Ltd, has been awarded the $1.1 million detailed design tender,which will support local jobs and will see the facility incorporate a number ofservices, including:
- Abreakwater structure/rock groyne;
- Agangway and floating pontoon to improve access for mobility impaired users andusers with prams;
- Piles/pylonto support the floating pontoon;
- Aboat ramp;
- Afishing facility from landside; and,
- Onshoresupporting infrastructure featuring a car park and trailer parking.
Mandorah Jettyis considered the number one land-based fishing destination in the Territoryand the new facilities will make it even more attractive to recreationalfishers to visit the area and drop a line.
Theconstruction tender is anticipated for release in the first half of 2020 andwill support approximately 275 local jobs, with completion expected formid-2022.