The NSW Government’s tourism and major events agency Destination NSW has produced the new collection of images and videos to highlight the rich diversity of experiences on offer in Orange, as well as Carcoar, Canowindra and Molong.
The annual Black Tie and Gumboot Truffle Hunt features at the core of the content package, where guests dress-up and head out searching for truffles before retiring to the underground wine cellar for a five-course truffle degustation dinner.
Minister for Tourism Stuart Ayres said it is important to showcase the unique experiences on offer right across NSW.
“Tourism is fundamental to rural and regional NSW, contributing $19.5 billion to the NSW economy and directly employing more than 90,000 people,” Mr Ayres said.
“The NSW Government is determined to support these communities and ensure every corner of NSW gets its fair share of the record tourist dollars and investment coming into our State.
“Content packages like this one are a valuable way of highlighting just how much there is to explore within the State’s own backyard. If you hop in a car from Sydney, you can experience an entirely new place within a matter of hours.”
Destination NSW CEO Sandra Chipchase said the new content package would make anyone feel compelled to escape to the NSW Central West.
“This is the perfect time to plan a weekend getaway to Orange and its surrounding townships, which really thrive in Winter,” Ms Chipchase said.
“This part of NSW has so much to offer between fresh local produce and aromatic wines, one-of-a-kind boutiques and quaint cafes, vibrant town centres and rolling green hills. I encourage everyone to book in their trip to the NSW Central West.”
Experiences and attractions highlighted in the new content package include:
- The Black Tie and Gumboot Truffle Hunt – Dress up to the nines and truly experience paddock-to-plate at this quirky annual event. Guests take part in the age-old craft of truffle hunting, before enjoying the fruits of their labour with a five-course truffle degustation dinner.
- Heifer Station Vineyard – Located on the volcanic basalt slopes of Mt. Canobolas, Heifer Station offers guided vineyard tours, private picnics, a petting zoo and farm for the kids and special events year-round.
- Byng Street Local Store – A foodie haven in Orange, Byng Street Local Store and Café is open for breakfast and lunch every day from 7am, as well as dinner Thursday to Saturday.
- Orange Farmers Market – Held on the second Saturday of every month, Orange Farmers Markets features more than 60 stallholders with freshly picked, grown and handcrafted produce for you to enjoy.
- The Age of Fishes Museum – This unique attraction in the nearby historic town of Canowindra features fossils of fish from 360 million years ago, long before dinosaurs roamed the planet.
View or download the videos
Images can be found in the Destination NSW Content Library.