Northern Territory Police have charged two people found in possession of quantities of methamphetamine and cannabis, following a search of a home in Tennant Creek on Sunday.
Tennant Creek General Duties officers, with the assistance of Tennant Creek Investigation Unit members conducted a search of a residential property during which it is alleged they located a quantity of methamphetamine, LSD, cannabis and a significant amount of cash.
Police have charged an 18 year old man and a 26 year old woman in relation to these, with one count each of;
- Supply schedule 1 dangerous drug – Less than commercial qty
- Fail to dispose of syringe or needle that has been used to administer drug
- Self-administer dangerous drug
- Possess schedule 2 dangerous drug – Less than traffickable qty
- Possess, used or carried a prohibited weapon
- Possess ammunition without permit/licence
- Possess schedule 1 Dangerous Drug – Traffickable quantity
- Receive or possess property obtained from the commission of an offence
- Supply schedule 1 dangerous drug – Commercial qty.
The pair have been remanded in custody to appear before the Alice Springs Local Court on October 8, 2020.