The following bridges are CLOSED:
- Saxby’s Bridge, Clements Road – Please note: There is no safe access at this bridge. Closed signs are in place. Please do not attempt to cross.
- Banfield Bridge, Pinebrush Road
- Thalaba Bridge, Alison Road
- Fosterton Bridge, Fosterton
- Cox’s Bridge, Main Creek
- Berry’s Bridge, Pinebrush Road
Horns Crossing Bridge, Horns Crossing Road is now OPEN.
NOTE: Removing or tampering with council warning signage and barriers could result in someone being seriously injured. Members of the public are urged NOT to remove these items at any time.
Please check neighbouring Council’s website/Facebook page for their road closures which may impact your travel to and from our Shire.
Our crews are regularly inspecting our local road networks including low-lying rural roads, causeways and bridges. Please be aware of water over the roads, causeways and avoid all unnecessary travel.
The following road is PARTIALLY CLOSED:
- Flat Tops Road: approximately 2km from Marshdale Road intersection, a landslide has occurred. Single lane access is currently available. Please proceed with caution.
The following roads are CLOSED:
- Bingleburra Road is closed at 900 Bingleburra Road near Mount Richardson due to landslip and unstable ground- NO transverse between Dungog and Gresford. Local resident access only.
- Monkerai Road – Gravel Section on Shire boundary (Mid Coast Council) due to landslip
Due to rising water levels, Allyn River Road is subject to flooding impacting access through causeways. Please drive with caution.
ANIMAL SAFE PLACES UPDATE:
We have also been providing support to people in our shire concerned about the welfare of their animals. We have opened Dungog Showground if you need a safe place to take your horses or livestock, however please note the showground is not patrolled. You will need to provide your own supervision of your animal/s.
- John Tucker Park, Paterson – No Vehicle or Pedestrian access to Park. Amenities remain open.
- Frank Robinson Park, Dungog – Toilets closed due to Water
CORONATION PARK fall area is closed due to water damage. Further inspections will be required before this section of the park will be re opened. Access to barbecue area and small playground is open with no access to lower section of the park.
For the latest updates and warnings for low lying areas, please follow Hunter NSW SES on Facebook.(link is external)
For the most up-to-date weather information, please visit the Bureau of Meteorology website.