The Northern NSW Local Health District (NNSWLHD) has opened a new COVID-19 clinic at the Byron Central Hospital.
The free clinic welcomes backpackers in the Byron Shire who have any COVID-19-like symptoms.
Backpackers with symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, headache, cough, runny nose or shortness of breath should, even if the symptoms are mild, isolate themselves from others and present to the clinic which is a free service.
The clinic is open from 10am-4pm, seven days a week.
The NNSWLHD has now included backpackers as a target group along with people who have respiratory symptoms or fever who meet one of more of the following criteria:
- A close contact of a confirmed case
- International travel in the 14 days prior to illness onset
- A cruise ship passenger or crew member who has travelled in the 14 days prior to illness onset
- A health worker, aged care or other residential care worker
- In a geographically-localised area with elevated risk of community transmission.
People do not need to phone ahead to attend the clinic.
For advice and information about COVID-19 visit NSW Health.
People who require translating or interpreting services should call 131 450.