The average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) is set to increase by over 32 cents per litre (cpl) to 158.5 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 24 March 2021, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: 7-Eleven, BP and Coles Express hiking by 42-46 cpl to 169.9 cpl; Caltex Woolworths and Caltex/Ampol to 167.9 cpl; Puma to 167.7 cpl; and Vibe to 159.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 124 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 52 cpl, which means you can save up to $31 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 119.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 119.7 cpl at Vibe Piara Waters in the South;
- 121.7 cpl at United Tapping in the North; and
- 122.9 cpl at BP Crystal Brook (Lesmurdie) and BP Forrestfield in the East.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 119.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Morley in the North;
- 120.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 121.7 cpl at Vibe Piara Waters in the South; and
- 123.9 cpl at FastFuel 24/7 (Forrestfield) in the East.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au