Tamworth Regional Council is encouraging the local community to have their say about a plan for Viaduct Park at North Tamworth which aims to further enhance the popular recreational and sporting precinct.
Based on previous feedback from the community about how they want the park to evolve, Council’s Sport and Recreation Division has created a proposed site layout as part of the Draft Viaduct Park Masterplan.
The draft masterplan focuses on the south-eastern side of the park adjacent to Peel and Macquarie streets. The northern side of the park will remain as a sporting fields which are well used by sporting groups and includes lighting for night training.
Tamworth Regional Council Strategic Projects Coordinator, Sam Eriksson, said Council is asking the community to give feedback to help finalise the masterplan.
“The recent addition of the Tamworth Regional Skate Park has elevated Viaduct Park to the status of a Regional Park and Council is developing a masterplan to ensure the park is embellished in a way that satisfies the community’s needs,” he said.
Mr Eriksson said features of the proposed plan include:
• Skate park expansion including a new 95m long pump track;
• A large sheltered play space;
• Generous lawns providing a shaded space to meet;
• Additional car parking;
• Improved connectivity with shared pathways and a pedestrian footbridge spanning above Peel Street;
• Sustainable drought tolerant landscaping;
• An already funded Café with alfresco dining providing youth training opportunities.
Mr Eriksson said the Viaduct Park Masterplan is intended to be delivered in stages to allow for specific elements to be prioritised as funding becomes available.
Residents are encouraged to give feedback on the plan during the community consultation ending Thursday 16 April. Detailed information can be accessed through the MyTRC Online Community.
Feedback can be submitted by:
• Using the online portal yourvoice.tamworth.nsw.gov.au/viaduct-park-masterplan
• Posting a letter to: The General Manager, Tamworth Regional Council, PO Box 555, Tamworth NSW 2340, or