Grants are now available for artificial intelligence (AI) projects that will benefit regional industries, businesses and communities.
The Catalysing the AI Opportunity in Our Regions program aims to:
- show how AI can boost regional capabilities
- grow trust in AI technology
- create a pathway for high-skilled jobs in regional Australia.
It will provide competitive grant funding over 3 rounds. Round one will offer grants between $250,000 and $500,000.
The program will support AI projects that offer solutions to challenges in regional areas. This includes projects that:
- develop, implement and demonstrate novel or innovative AI solutions
- provide opportunities for regional businesses to test and experiment with AI.
This program is part of the $124.1 million investment under the AI Action Plan. The plan sets out a vision for Australia to become a global leader in developing and adopting trusted, secure and responsible AI.
Applications for round one close 21 February 2022. Applicants must submit a joint application with at least one partner organisation located in a regional area.