Sarah Courtney,Minister for Women
The Tasmanian Government is committed to addressing gender inequality and improving the overall health and wellbeing of Tasmanian women as we recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
I am very pleased to advise that the Health and Wellbeing for Women Action Plan (the Action Plan) 2020-23 has been released. The Action Plan is the second in a series of action plans under the Tasmanian Women’s Strategy 2018-2021.
The Action Plan was developed prior to COVDID-19, and aims to improve the overall health and wellbeing of all women and girls in Tasmania through its focus on five strategic priorities:
- Improving women’s maternal, sexual and reproductive health.
- Improving health literacy and targeting preventive health services to address women’s health needs.
- Enhancing women’s mental health through prevention, early intervention and responsive service delivery.
- Addressing impacts on women’s health, such as violence against women and girls, homelessness and other related factors.
- Facilitating health and wellbeing across the life course.
The Action Plan has been informed by submissions and survey responses made to the Tasmanian Government in the development of the Tasmanian Women’s Strategy 2018-21, as well as research findings and statistical data on women’s health and wellbeing.
The Health and Wellbeing for Women Action Plan 2020-23 may be viewed at www.women.tas.gov.au.