This is a free service held in Molong this Wednesday, 18 May 2022 from 10am to 1pm at the Molong Rest Area, Corner Mitchell Highway and Marsden Street.
You can bring household quantities of the following household chemicals and items – up to a maximum of 20 litres or 20 kilograms of a single item.
- Solvents and household cleaners
- Floor care products
- Ammonia-based cleaners
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Pool chemicals
- Hobby chemicals
- Motor fuels
- Fluorescent globes and tubes
- Acids and alkalis
- Smoke detectors
- Paint and paint-related products
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Car and household batteries
- Motor oils and cooking oils
Business-related and commercial quantities of chemicals are not accepted. Please inquire with a commercial waste operator or visit www.businessrecycling.com.au for commercial waste disposal.
Handle and transport chemicals carefully.
- Never mix chemicals as this may produce dangerous reactions.
- Wherever possible keep all chemicals in their original containers.
- Ensure containers are clearly labelled and well-sealed. If you do not know the contents, label the container ‘unknown chemical’.
- Liquid can leak during transport: wrap containers holding liquids securely in newspaper, place in sturdy plastic bags and then in plastic buckets or trays.
- Keep household chemicals away from passengers, for example, by placing them in the boot of your car.
For more information please visit the NSW EPA website: Household Chemical CleanOut (nsw.gov.au)