Council’s immunisation team has taken extra precautions and implemented procedures to control risks of and exposure to transmission of COVID-19 during immunisation sessions.
These measures include:
- advising parents to stay at home if either they or their child is feeling sick
- only one parent attending with their child
- immunisation staff wearing required personal protective equipment
- maintaining two metre social distancing
- a brief screening questionnaire and temperature check.
Director Planning and Environment Angela Hughes said receiving scheduled vaccinations for children remains essential during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Our immunisation team has incorporated extra precautions to minimise transmission risk while vaccinating your child,” Ms Hughes said. “Vaccination is not only safe for them, it makes it safer for everyone’s children and the rest of the community. It’s important to maintain high immunisation rates during the pandemic.”
The immunisation session times are:
First Thursday of the month:
- Gisborne: 9am to 10.30am
- Kyneton: noon to 1pm
- Woodend: 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
Third Tuesday of the Month
- Riddells Creek: 9am to 10.15am
- Romsey: 11.30am to 12.45pm.
Bookings are not required. For more information on immunisation.
Stay up to date
For updates on all of Council’s service changes and closures, visit COVID-19 updates.