Join our team and support our mission to advance capacity for global health research, education, and communication at the University of Oslo and partner institutions.
Who We Are
The Centre for Global Health (CGH) is an initiative of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Oslo (UiO) as part of the agenda to meet the Sustainable Development Goal challenges. The world is facing challenges that require efforts from the entire global community. Finding sustainable solutions to global health problems is urgent in an increasingly globalized and unequal world.
Join the Team
This short-term internship position is most suitable for a student undergoing a degree in global or public health or a relevant health related degree.
What We are Looking for
- Support for our team with miscellaneous tasks related to ongoing projects and upcoming events
- Comfortable with working independently and receiving feedback
- Curious and passionate about global health, inequities and finding solutions to challenges
- Organized and able to multi-task with good time management
- Flexible and able to lend support to different team members
- Committed and reliable with a positive attitude
Approx. 7-10 hours per week from December 1, 2022, to June 2023. Placed in the Oslo region with the possibility of physical attendance.
What We Offer
- Experience in regard to supporting with event (e.g. seminars, webinar, etc.) planning and facilitation in a team setting
- Opportunity to be creative and assist with developing content for news stories, social media, interviews, and events with global health information targeting the CGH audiences and networks
- CGH works with a variety of global health topics, therefore the intern will receive exposure to several current issues in the field
- Flexibility to allow for study time and courses, as long as the intern can be present at team meetings
- Exposure to various arranged meetings with internal and external partners
- Increase exposure in an office setting lending support to various administrative tasks such as gathering and organizing data information related to internal processes
- Desk in shared office space