The Territory Labor Government is offering 40 scholarships to NT school leavers who opt to stay and undertake their university study in the Territory in 2019.
The scholarships are worth $5000 per year for each year of a recipients chosen degree.
To be eligible, applicants need to:
- have finished year 12 in 2017 or 2018
- have completed the NT Certificate of Education and Training (NTCET) or equivalent and received an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) above 80
- be an NT resident and be enrolled to study in their first undergraduate degree in the NT
- be enrolled to study full-time (four units per semester or equivalent)
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- not be working full-time.
Scholarships are also available to NT school leavers who will study interstate because their course is not offered in the Territory and whose degree will qualify them for employment in a field listed on the NT Skilled Occupation Priority List (NTSOPL).
Applications close on 8 March, 2019.