Individuals and not-for-profit sporting and community groups are invited to apply for funding through Council’s Community Sponsorship program to deliver events and activities that support social and community outcomes.
The biannual program enables the delivery of vibrant community events and supports individuals and groups to become ambassadors for the region whilst representing Baw Baw Shire locally and across the Country.
As part of the 2022 sponsorship program, over $49,000 was awarded to support the various individuals, groups, and ambassadors across the Shire. Some of the 2022 recipients included:
- Warragul Amateur Swimming Club, who competed in the National Swimming Competition in Darwin
- Thorpdale Potato Festival Committee, to support the delivery of the upcoming Thorpdale Potato Festival
- Drouin Ficifolia Festival Committee, who recently celebrated the 35th anniversary of the festival.
“Each year we see so many of our local clubs, groups and ambassadors benefit from this program” says Baw Baw Shire Mayor, Annemarie McCabe.
“Last round the program assisted 11 not-for profit groups and 4 individuals and clubs to achieve great things that might not have been possible. This alone is a testament to the value of this program in providing a helping hand for our community”.
Applications are now open for four weeks and will close at 12pm on Monday 3 April 2023.
- Community events*: Up to $5,000 available for not-for-profit groups/businesses to deliver events such as, youth events and programs, one off events, new and existing events.
- Baw Baw Ambassadors*: Up to $500 for individuals or $1,500 for groups/teams that are based in Baw Baw Shire and competing in or attending an event representing the region can apply.
*Eligibility criteria applies.