Detectives from the Joint Anti-Child Exploitation Team (JACET) have arrested a 35-year-old male in Palmerston last night.
Northern Territory and Australian Federal Police executed a section 3E Crimes Act 1914 (Cth) Search Warrant at the man’s property yesterday. While executing the warrant, police located a hidden mobile telephone which contained online accounts used for alleged child exploitation offences.
The male has been charged with:
- S474.19 – Use carriage service to access child pornography material
- S474.19 – Use carriage service to solicit child pornography material
- S474.19 – Use carriage service to transmit child pornography material
- S474.22 – Use carriage service to access child abuse material
- S474.22A – Possess or control child abuse material
He has been remanded and is due to appear in Darwin Local Court today.
Detective Sergeant Vanessa Barton said, “This behaviour is disgusting. Working with our national and international partners, we will continue to target individuals and groups who use online services to access, solicit and transmit child abuse material. We are watching you and you will be held accountable.”
Members of the public who have any information about people involved in child abuse and exploitation are urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or https://crimestoppers.com.au/.
You can also make a report online by alerting the Australian Centre to Counter Child Exploitation via the ‘Report Abuse’ button at www.accce.gov.au/report.