Have you booked your sessional kindergarten placement for 2021?
The City has positions available for three and four-year-old kindergarten at our eight kindergarten programs throughout Geelong.
Kindergarten is a wonderful way for children to develop strong social skills – encourages a love of learning and offers opportunities for creative and active play.
As well as the many health and wellbeing benefits, two years of kindergarten assists with children’s confidence and independence guiding their transition to school.
Kindergarten assists children to develop their skills at communicating effectively with peers and adults, develops their language, literacy and numeracy skills, and helps them to learn about making new friends and socialising.
The City has limited positions available at the following eight programs:
- Boorai Child and Family Centre – Ocean Grove;
- Bop Bop Karrong – Barwon Heads;
- Grovedale Child and Family Centre – Grovedale;
- Korayn Birralee Family Centre – Corio;
- Leopold Child and Family Centre – Leopold;
- Norlane Child and Family Centre – Norlane;
- Thomson Kindergarten – Thomson; and
- Whittington Child and Family Centre – Whittington
If you would like to know more about our incredible kindergarten programs or wish to register with an expression of interest, please visit https://www.geelongaustralia.com.au/kindergartens.
Greater Geelong Mayor Stephanie Asher
Kindergartens are a great way for children to make friends, learn, and play. They also help with the transition into school, which can be a big step for some.
I encourage parents to research which kindergarten is best for their family and register with an expression of interest.