This past summer has seen record attendance at Lake Talbot Water Park has been like no other season.
Over the 2020/21 period, attendance records were outstanding with 44,634 people passing through the gates to enjoy everything the facility now has to offer, which now boasts an:
- Olympic pool
- gradient entry middle pool
- splash park
- toddlers pool
- three water slides
- new shading structures with solar panelling to heat two pools
- a pool level all-access amenities block
- disability ramp into the Olympic pool
- pram ramp from entry to pool level
- alternative disability access entry point
- new pump and filtration systems
The water slides have been a hit yet again, with an average of 2,226 slide-rides daily, while the splash park was a favourite amongst all ages.
The outstanding result achieved at Lake Talbot Water Park would not have been possible without contributions of the local stakeholder engagement group, contractor Total Creations & Services, and Council’s Infrastructure project management team, together with the support of our Member for Cootamundra Steph Cooke MP and the NSW Government.
Next on the horizon for the facility includes shade structures over the pump house building and the preparation of plans for the upgrades of the kiosk/deck including the provision of new amenities.