The Kamilaroi Highway has reopened between Wee Waa and Merah North after being closed due to flooding.
There is a reduced speed limit of 40 km/h.
The Kamilaroi Highway remains closed between Burren Junction and Walgett, and between Walgett, Brewarrina and Bourke.
Motorists who need to travel in flood affected areas are advised to take extreme care, never drive through floodwaters and be prepared for conditions to change quickly.
Other road closures remain in place, including:
In the state’s north:
- The Castlereagh Highway is closed between Walgett and Lightning Ridge, and between Walgett and Wingadee (north of Coonamble).
- The Gwydir Highway is closed between Walgett and Collarenebri, as well as on the eastern side of Collarenebri.
- The Carnarvon Highway is closed between Garah and Mungindi.
In the north west:
- The Cobb Highway is closed between Wilcannia and Booligal.
In the central west and south:
- The Newell Highway is closed between Forbes and Wyalong.
- Lachlan Valley Way is closed in Forbes, as well as between Forbes and Jemalong, and between Gooloogong and Cowra.
- Henry Lawson Way is closed between Forbes and Grenfell.
- The Escort Way is closed in Forbes.
- The Mid Western Highway is closed at Back Creek.
- Kidman Way is closed at Wallanthery.
- The Sturt Highway is closed between Collingullie and Darlington Point.
- The Newell Highway is closed between Gillenbah and Jerilderie.
- The Oxley Highway is closed in Warren.
- North of Corowa, the Riverina Highway is closed at Coreen.
- The Riverina Highway and Federation Way are closed between Hopefield and Urana.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils are also affected.
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW app.
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) might be of the point-in-time nature, and edited for clarity, style and length. Mirage.News does not take institutional positions or sides, and all views, positions, and conclusions expressed herein are solely those of the author(s).View in full here.