David Crisafulli and the LNP have confirmed their plan to cut billions from Queensland’s budget.
Deputy Premier Steven Miles said the LNP were recycling Campbell Newman’s playbook.
“Following the release of their $10 billion infrastructure hit list earlier this month, Steve Minnikin has let slip the LNP’s plan to cut billions of dollars from frontline services and infrastructure,” the Deputy Premier said.
“Minnikin said on Friday that they have ‘…already identified a couple of billions of dollars worth of savings…’.
“They have learned nothing since their time in government under Campbell Newman.
“Tens of thousands of Queenslanders’ jobs rely on these projects. The whole world is facing cost increases due to global factors, but we won’t rob the community of vital infrastructure because of them.
“And let’s be clear, if they won’t fund the true costs of these projects that means that they will cut them.
“Steve Minnikin has flicked through his thesaurus for a better word than cut and has landed on ‘…prune back…’.
“David Crisafulli has already said he has a debt reduction strategy and that he’ll cut CopperString, satellite hospitals, ambulance stations, schools, and roads, now he needs to tell Queenslanders what else they will cut.”
Transport and Main Roads Minister Mark Bailey said pruning is the new cutting.
“Everyone knows ‘prune’ means ‘cut’ and it’s clear now the LNP under David Crisafulli have identified billions of dollars of infrastructure projects, and services they would “prune” if they were elected which they won’t share with the public,” he said.
“It was no slip of the tongue as Mr Minnikin stated twice on Friday the LNP ‘already’ had plans.
“Queenslanders suffered savage cuts, sackings and attempts to sell off our assets under the Newman – Crisafulli Government and the LNP are planning to cut critical infrastructure again.”