Sporting clubs in Bundaberg, Bunbury, Wagga, Mildura, Dubbo, Orange, Yenda and Shepparton are among the winners of the Corteva Agriscience™ and Triple M ‘Club House Rescue’.
“They’re the heart and soul of farming communities Australia-wide but too often the local sporting club can be the most neglected building in town. So sports clubs were asked to visit their local Triple M website to explain why they needed a $5,000 cash boost and how the money would be spent.
“Hundreds of clubs entered from a wide range of sports. It was hard to narrow it down and we congratulate the eight winners.”
- Westside Rugby League Football Club (Dubbo) who are replacing essential club equipment destroyed in a fire last year.
- Yenda Rugby League Football Club who are purchasing a dual purpose League/Soccer set of posts.
- Orange Waratah Junior Football (Soccer) Club who are repainting the club’s amenities block and upgrading the canteen floor and security grill.
- Riding for the Disabled Wagga Wagga who are using their $5k to complete a much-needed upgrade of the club’s toilet facilities.
- Brother’s Bulldogs AFL Club (Bundaberg) who are buying new kit for the club’s junior players.
- Eagles Baseball Club (Mildura) who are lining the walls of the score shed and adding heating facilities for their volunteers.
- Rushworth Speedway (Shepparton) who are renovating the clubhouse building and purchasing new furniture.
- Dalyellup Dockers Football Club who are using their $5k towards essential canteen and office facilities.