Community and not-for profit groups throughout the Toowoomba Region are set to benefit as a result of the latest round of funding through Council’s Community Grant Program.
In total, about $410,000 will be allocated to 74 groups under round one of the program.
Toowoomba Regional Council Environment and Community Committee Chair Councillor Geoff McDonald said the latest round of funding would help provide a helping hand to organisations throughout the region.
“I’m pleased Council has been able to provide assistance to these groups,” Cr McDonald said.
“We understand the difficulties community and not-for profit groups have to find money for projects, services and facilities and Council’s Community Grant Program is in place to provide assistance.
“In particular, there were are a few applications for new events to be hosted in our regional areas which is extremely encouraging to see.
“This is a great program Council offers and I encourage more groups to speak with Council officers ahead of the next round of funding, which opens on 1 January 2020, for guidance around applications.”
The 74 projects were approved for funding at the September Ordinary Meeting of Council.
Successful grants, which were either partially or fully approved, under round one of the program for 2019/20 include:
Community Economic Development
- Crows Nest District Tourist and Progress Association Inc. (Update and reprint of the High Country Hamlets Tourism brochure)
- Crows Nest Historical Society Inc. (Building capacity for the newly established Tourist Information Centre)
- High Country Festivals Inc. (Stage two of the development of a transportable Community Enterprise Kitchen)
- Pittsworth District Alliance Inc. (Update and reprint of the Pittsworth tourism map and purchase of tourism banners for the main street)
- The Toowoomba Chamber of Commerce Inc. (Development and printing of a CBD Local Produce Trail that will encourage visitors to patronise venues that utilise local produce)
- Toowoomba Golf Club Ltd. (Development of a Strategic Plan and website to increase golf related tourism across the Toowoomba Region)
- Yarraman Business Group Inc. (Data subscription to assist in the development of a feasibility study into the establishment of a residential aged care facility in Yarraman and the design and creation of new tourism maps).
- Ability Enterprises Ltd. (Create employment opportunities for people with “Barriers to Employment” through lived experiences of Mental Health, by operating an environmentally sustainable, water wise, portable car washing business)
- Back Plains & District Community Hall Association Inc. (To address the electrical facilities of the Hall)
- Darling Downs Sport Aircraft Association Inc. (Purchase of commercial grade tables for use by the Lone Eagle Flying School and other not for profit organisations when required)
- Hope Horizons Inc. (To produce a three-minute promotional video to showcase the variety of services offered by Hope Horizons)
- Lions Club of Pittsworth Inc. (Lions Children’s Cancer Institute Fun Ride – funding requested to assist with costs for providing accommodation and facilities at the pavilion in the Pittsworth Showgrounds)
- Millmerran Men’s Shed Inc. (Purchase a fridge and First Aid kit for the club’s new shed)
- Motor Neurone Disease Association of Queensland Inc. (Purchase of desktop banner, pull-up banner, corflute sign, catering for meeting attendees, branded shirt for meeting facilitator, newspaper advertisement, Facebook advertisement and gifts for the guest speaker)
- Peaceful Humans Inc. (Yazidi Eid Rajeeye Festival – Community Development & Engagement. Funds are requested for transport, venue hire, chair and table hire, advertising, admin and management costs)
- Pittsworth & District Men’s Shed Inc. (Replacement of ageing and faulty BBQ which is used for Community events/fundraisers and Health and Safety training)
- Pittsworth Sprint Committee (Auspiced by Millmerran Auto Club Inc.) (Seven grandstands require repairs and safety upgrades for the continued use by local sporting clubs and organisations to help save the cost of hiring seating for outdoor events)
- Toowoomba & Districts Bromeliad Society Inc. (Purchase 15 bi-fold tables and 100 metal stakes)
- Willowburn Football Club Inc. (Purchase of portable shade structures for the use of junior and senior members, supporters and volunteers to meet OH&S Duty of Care and Sun Safe requirements)
- Yarraman & District Men’s Shed Inc. (Installation of electrical wiring and switches to comply with Duty of Care and WH&S protocols).
Cultural and Arts Support
- Gardens of the Downs Inc. (Showcasing Pittsworth and Surrounds photo display)
- Millmerran Commerce and Progress Inc. (Towards the cost of plaques for buildings of note on a planned historic walk).
- Crows Nest Community Solutions Ltd. (Dingo Mountain Parklands to continue destruction of large areas of noxious weeds)
- Friends of the Escarpment Parks Toowoomba Inc. (Nest Box Building Workshop)
- Friends of the Escarpment Parks Toowoomba Inc. (Materials and equipment for bush regeneration. Provision of herbicide, tools and PPE equipment. Various bushland parks along the Toowoomba Range Escarpment)
- North East Downs Landcare Group Inc. (Improving habitat in Myall Park Refuge. Engage competent ACDC licensed operator to spray mother of millions which has infested the endangered species in this refuge)
- Toowoomba Mountain Bike Club Inc. (Weed management of lantana and privet that impact the mountain bike trail in Jubilee Park).
- Haden Public Hall Committee (Boodua Public Hall Association Inc. Auspicing) (Haden Block Party)
- Anglican Parish of Pittsworth (Auspiced by The Corporation of the Synod of the Diocese of Brisbane) (Pittsworth Craft & Fine Food Spectacular)
- Anglican Parish of Toowoomba West (Auspiced by The Corporation of the Synod of the Diocese of Brisbane) (Teapot Extravaganza – Parish week long fundraising event during the Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers)
- Australian Camp Oven Festival Millmerran Inc. (A cultural heritage event that commemorates traditional Australian camp oven cooking and the lifestyle activities associated with it)
- Base Services Inc. (Hike for Homeless)
- Boodua Public Hall Assn. Inc. (Boodua Bash)
- Boodua Public Hall Assn. Inc. (Boodua Christmas Party)
- Curious Arts Inc. (Curious Arts Festival)
- Darling Downs Polo Club Inc. (Spring Polo)
- Darling Downs Rose Society Inc. (An annual Spring Championship Rose Show for the public)
- Endeavour Foundation (Ball for All)
- Goombungee Public Hall Inc. (Auspicing the Goombungee Youth Group) (Goombungee Youth Event)
- Goombungee Haden AH&P Society Inc. (Western Buckle Series Goombungee All Round Points Rodeo – affiliated with NRA)
- High Country Festivals Inc. (Hampton Festival)
- Highfields Pioneer Village, Museum & Park Inc. (Easter Vintage Festival)
- Klub VW Darling Downs Inc (Dubs on the Hill)
- Oakey Motorsport Club Inc. (New Hope Oakey Sprints)
- Peranga Community Association Inc. (Another Day in the Park at Peranga)
- Pittsworth Art Group Inc. (Spring Art Exhibition, Floral Art Window Display & Garden Competition)
- Pittsworth Art Group Inc. (Gidgee Coal Bush Ballad Awards)
- Rods Hot Rod Club Incorporated (Rods Incorporated Millmerran Run)
- Story Arts Run Collective Inc. (Story Arc) (LIT Festival, Stories of Light)
- Teen Challenge Care (Qld) Ltd. (Teen Challenge Qld Signature Fundraising Event Gala Dinner Toowoomba 2019)
- Toowoomba & District Old Machinery Society In. (TADOMS Old Machinery Society Expo)
- Toowoomba City Care Inc. (Streets & Lanes Festival)
- Toowoomba Clivia Society Inc. (Annual Clivia Show)
- Toowoomba Hot Rodders Inc. (High Altitude Hot Rod Run 2020)
- Toowoomba Mountain Bike Club Inc. (Fox on Rocks Funduro 2020)
- Toowoomba Orchid Society Inc (Toowoomba Orchid Society Spring Show)
- Wyreema Community Events Inc. (Halloween Night)
- Youth With A Mission Toowoomba Inc. (Toowoomba Busking Festival).
Sport and Recreation
- Clifton and District Tennis Association Inc. (Storage shed upgrade)
- Millmerran Golf Club Inc. (Replace roof, guttering and evaporative air conditioners)
- Pittsworth Amateur Basketball Association Inc. (Floor re-seal)
- Pittsworth Golf Club Inc. (Irrigation system upgrade)
- Pittsworth Leagues Club Inc. (Trading as Club Pittsworth) (Design and pricing to prepare and submit grant application)
- St Pauls Indoor Bowls Club (Auspiced by Toowoomba Indoor Bowling Association Inc.) (Purchase of an indoor bowls carpet)
- Toowoomba Disc Golf Club (Auspiced by Queensland Disc Golf Inc.) (Disc golf course installation)
- Toowoomba Hockey Association Inc. (Lighting upgrade – Field 2)
- Toowoomba Mountain Bike Club Inc. (Trail network upgrade)
- Toowoomba Tennis Association Inc. (Tennis court upgrades)
- Toowoomba Tornados Inc. (Gym establishment – Velcro mats, tumble aids, trampoline and gym equipment).
Sport and Recreation
- Cricket Australia (2020 Toyota Australian Country Cricket Championships)
- National Cutting Horse Association Ltd. (2019 NCHA National Finals)
- South West Indigenous Network Inc. (2020 Western Rivers Cup Indigenous Cricket Carnival)
- Toowoomba Tennis Association Inc. (Toowoomba Tennis International)
- Toowoomba Triathlon Club Inc. (Clifton Country Classic Triathlon).