A man is due to appear in court today charged over the alleged ongoing sexual abuse and kidnapping of a woman after he attempted to evade investigators by hiding in a concealed wall cavity in Sydney’s west.
On Thursday 13 August 2020, detectives from Nepean Police Area Command commenced an investigation following reports a 37-year-old woman had been sexually abused on an ongoing basis by a man known to her.
Following inquiries, investigators attended a home on Monfarville Road, St Marys, to speak with a 43-year-old man the following day (Friday 14 August 2020).
Officers also executed a search warrant at the property and seized several items of interest, including mobile phones.
It will be alleged that, during the search, the man had hidden in a concealed wall cavity behind a bookshelf at the home.
Following further inquiries, detectives – with the assistance from specialist tactical resources, the Dog and Mounted Command, Aviation Command, and the Rescue and Bomb Disposal Unit – attended the home and executed a second search warrant yesterday (Thursday 27 August 2020).
During the second search, investigators located several items, including a mobile phone, duct tape and documentation. These items were seized to undergo forensic examination.
A dog at the property was also taken to a nearby veterinary hospital for treatment.
The 43-year-old man was arrested at the home and taken to Penrith Police Station, where he was charged with 13 offences, including:
- sexual intercourse without consent,
- aggravated sexual assault – inflict actual bodily harm,
- aggravated sexual assault – deprive liberty (DV),
- take/detain person with intent to obtain advantage cause actual bodily harm (DV),
- stalk/intimidate intend fear physical harm (DV),
- two counts of common assault (DV),
- assault occasioning actual bodily harm (DV),
- three counts of resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty, and
- two outstanding warrants for domestic violence offences.
Police will allege in court that the man sexually assaulted and physically abused the woman on an ongoing basis between July 2020 and August 2020.
He was refused bail to appear before Penrith Local Court today (Friday 28 August 2020).
Investigations are continuing.