The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Foreign Affairs, will participate in a virtual university tour to engage with students and academics in universities on Canada’s role during the current global health pandemic.
In this series of video conferences, entitled In Conversation with Canada’s Foreign Minister, Minister Champagne will share his experience on the recent repatriation of Canadians travellers abroad, as well as his views on Canada’s role as a convening power in a time of global crisis and transformation.
This will also be an opportunity for students to exchange with the Minister on Canada’s foreign policy and public diplomacy in addressing global crises and challenges while cooperating with other governments, multilateral organizations and international partners.
Locations and dates for the series are:
- School of Public Policy and Global Affairs, University of British Columbia, on April 24
- Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, University of Toronto, on April 27
- Centre d’études et de recherches internationales, Université de Montréal, on April 29
- Centre for International Policy Studies, University of Ottawa, on April 30
“As the world is undergoing rapid and major transformation, it is crucial that future generations and leaders are well prepared to face and manage global challenges. Sharing our experience working through the current unprecedented crisis is a unique opportunity to contribute to a better future for Canada and the world.”
– François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs