The Reserve Bank of New Zealand – Te Pūtea Matua today announced the 2023 dates for releasing its quarterly Monetary Policy Statement (MPS), and Monetary Policy Review (MPR) decisions and the six-monthly Financial Stability Report (FSR). The new MPS, MPR and FSR dates cover the period from April to July 2023.
The release dates for 2022 and early 2023 remain unchanged.
Announcements will be made as usual at 2pm for the MPS and MPR, and at 9am for the FSR on the dates listed below. These will be published on the Reserve Bank’s website.
Media conferences will be held following the release of each MPS at 3pm and FSR at 11am. They will be live-streamed on the Reserve Bank’s website.
Market implementation of the OCR will continue to be the working day after the monetary policy announcement.
The Reserve Bank reserves the right to make changes to this schedule, if required. In such an event, the markets and the media would be given as much notice as possible.
The 2022 and new April to July 2023 release dates are:
Monetary Policy Statement / Monetary Policy Review announcements
- 23 February – MPS Media conference & live-stream
- 13 April – MPR
- 25 May – MPS Media conference & live-stream
- 13 July – MPR
- 17 August – MPS Media conference & live-stream
- 5 October – MPR
- 23 November – MPS Media conference & live-stream
- 22 February – MPS Media conference & live-stream
- 5 April 2023 – MPR
- 24 May 2023 – MPS Media conference & live-stream
- 12 July 2023 – MPR
Financial Stability Report
- 4 May – FSR Media conference & live-stream
- 2 November – FSR Media conference & live-stream
- 3 May – FSR Media conference & live-stream
Remaining release dates for 2023 will be published at least one year in advance.