The Nationals Federal Parliamentary team is committed to building a safer, stronger, more prosperous and sustainable regional Australia.
As the only political party 100% focused on the needs, hopes and aspirations of regional people, we are determined to deliver for people who live outside our capital cities.
Friday’s meeting in Nagambie, Victoria, focused on the key, long-term strategic challenges facing regional Australia and resolved to prioritise our efforts in the current term of Federal Parliament to:
- Deliver improved water infrastructure and support farming families and regional businesses dealing with drought.
- Deliver reliable, affordable base load power to reduce the cost of living and achieve practical environmental outcomes.
- Deliver improved health services to regional communities.
- Deliver more manufacturing jobs in regional areas.
- Deliver more regional development funding to support jobs of the future and an active policy of decentralisation.
The Nationals Parliamentary team will further develop policy positions to support these priority areas as part of a stable and united Coalition Government.
We know the key immediate challenge for regional people is the drought and we are focusing every effort on supporting people through it.