The Premier Stephen Marshall announced today that new short term COVID-19 restrictions will be implemented from midnight Tuesday 29 June 2021 – Monday 5 July 2021:
- Masks to be worn in high, at risk, settings – residential aged care and hospitals;
- Masks are highly recommended to be worn on public transport;
- The upper limit for private gatherings is 150 people in homes or halls;
- Licensed premises have a new density requirement of one person per 2m2 with seated consumption of alcohol indoors over the coming week;
- No communal consumption (buffets);
- Banning Shisha communal facilities;
- Restrictions for singing (not educational) but other instances is banned for the next week; and,
- Masks back in place at indoor, seated, entertainment facilities (up to 75 per cent capacity).
Changes to Council services from this announcement:
- Choir is cancelled for this week;
- Council will seek directives from the Commonwealth Home Support Program in relation to home support services;
- All volunteer drivers (eg of the Community Buses) will need to wear masks;
- Council will ensure that the cleaning of Council facilities will focus on cleaning all potential touch points.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms please do not attend Council programs, events or buildings.
Please continue to use QR codes to register your attendance at all Council events and facilities.
Stay safe everyone.