Minister for Local Government Shaun Leane has announced the 2022 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel.
Ten Mayors representing a mix of urban, regional and rural Victorian communities have been selected and will meet with Minister Leane four times this year to provide advice on a range of matters that impact local government.
Chaired by the Minister, this year’s panel will focus on COVID-19 recovery, gender equality, and strengthening relationships with First Nations Victorians.
The members of the 2022 panel are:
- Rt Hon. Sally Capp, Lord Mayor of Melbourne
- Cr Jane Addis, Mayor of Boroondara
- Cr Jasmine Nguyen, Mayor of Brimbank
- Cr Anthony Tran, Mayor of Maribyrnong
- Cr Samantha Byrne, Mayor of Moonee Valley
- Cr Frances Eyre, Mayor of Nillumbik Shire
- Cr Robyn Gulline, Mayor of Horsham
- Cr Kellie O’Callaghan, Mayor of Latrobe
- Cr Michael Whelan, Mayor of Bass Coast Shire
- Cr Tony Driscoll, Mayor of Northern Grampians Shire.
The role of the panel is to provide high-level advice on legislative, regulatory, strategic and policy issues affecting councils across the state.
The 2022 panel will meet for the first time on Wednesday 27 April 2022.
For more information go to localgovernment.vic.gov.au/our-partnerships/local-government-mayoral-advisory-panel.
As stated by Minister for Local Government Shaun Leane
“The Panel will provide feedback and advice on a range of topics that are important to local communities right across Victoria.”
“The mayors on the 2022 panel will be able to share their ideas and initiatives to build a stronger local government sector.”