Are you a residential pool or spa owner, or a landlord of a property with a pool or spa?
You are nearly out of time to register your pool or spa by the deadline.
New laws introduced by the Victorian Government on 1 December have been put in to place to ensure safety barriers are maintained for the safety of young children.
– mandatory registration of swimming pools and spas by 1 June 2020
– regular inspections and certification.
So what do you need to do?
- Register your pool or spa with Council by 1 June 2020. Details HERE.
- Get your pool or spa safety barrier inspected by a registered building surveyor or inspector.
- Complete any required works to make the barriers compliant.
- Provide a copy of the Certificate of Compliance to Council.