Dress up, dress down or just dress outrageously for this New Year’s Eve in Wollongong.
2019 Acorn Lawyers New Year’s Eve celebrations will begin at 5pm on Tuesday 31 December and everyone is encouraged to embrace the Alice in Wonderland theme.
New Year’s Eve around Belmore Basin and Lang Park features live music, roving entertainment, stalls, Queen of Hearts croquet, ‘down the rabbit hole’ activities, an inflatable Cheshire cat and appearances by other characters from Lewis Carroll’s classic novel throughout the evening.
Wollongong City Lord Mayor Councillor Gordon Bradbery AM said the popular New Year’s Eve event will be great fun for the whole family.
“Our celebrations are all about family and friendly times spent together. We want everyone to get into the spirit of the evening and enjoy the events, the food, the music and the fireworks. We’ll also have an on-water feature act that’ll be a fun spectacle to watch.
“So why not dress as the Cheshire cat, or Alice, or the Queen of Hearts, or any other character from this children’s story? We will have a giant maze, live music and performers. Plus, there will also be a Wonderland parade just prior to the evening fireworks display, allowing everyone to show off their costumes.”
The celebrations will include:
- Live music
- Stilt walkers
- Amusement park rides in Lang Park
- A giant maze
- The popular 9pm fireworks spectacular
- Mad Hatter Tea Party community table where everyone can enjoy the delicious food available at the event
- A Queen of Hearts Croquet area
- Giant Chess
- Cups and saucer ride only in Osborne Park
- Down the Rabbit Hole – soft play and activities
- A Smile tree – where everyone can put a smile on the tree and write what makes them smile
- Characters on show will include Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, White Rabbit and Queen of Hearts
We want to make sure everyone in our community has the opportunity to take part in our New Year’s Eve event. We’ll have an accessible viewing area for people with disability and their carers, family or friends. There’ll be a drop-off zone and a limited number of accessible parking spaces that you can reserve. Spaces in the accessible viewing area are limited, and you must book by 4 December 2019.
Use our online form to reserve an accessible viewing area space.