Mitchell Shire Council is calling on the community to take part in a survey to identify what activities, programs and functions they would like to see in a new aquatic centre.
The survey is part of a broader study which will identify options for a new aquatic and leisure centre to cater for people in Wallan, Beveridge and the surrounding growth area.
Through the user survey, community members are being asked to provide information about:
- what activities, programs and functions they would be likely to use
- where they currently access aquatic and leisure facilities
- how far they travel to access these services at the moment
- what would make it easier for people to take part in aquatic activities locally.
The information, along with population projections and leisure industry trends, will be used to help develop options, identify possible locations and examine potential costs for a new aquatic centre as part of the Aquatic Study.
These options will then be presented back to the community for more input at a later stage. The $150,000 study is funded through the Victorian Government Community Sports Infrastructure Fund.
The survey is available online at www.engagingmitchellshire.com and in hard copy at Council’s Customer and Library Service Centres, Kilmore Leisure Centre, Seymour Sports and Aquatic Centre.
Drop-in sessions will be held at:
- Wallan Olde Time Market, 10 August, 9am-10.30am
- Wellington Square, 10 August, 10.45am-12.30pm
- Greater Beveridge Community Centre, 12 August, 9am-10am
The survey closes 9am, Monday 2 September.