Marine Safety Act 2010
NOTICE OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXCLUSION ZONE
Swan Hill Rural City Council as the declared waterway manager for Lake Boga hereby gives notice under section 208(2) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic) that all persons and vessels not registered to take part in the Ski Racing Victoria Point Score 1 are prohibited from entering and remaining in the following waters.
All the waters of Lake Boga.
The exclusion zone will be in effect from 7.00 am to 6.30 pm Saturday 26 October and 7.00 am to 12.00 pm Sunday 27 October 2019
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Swan Hill Rural City Council as the declared waterway manager for Lake Boga, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Ski Racing Victoria, persons and vessels involved in the Ski Racing Victoria Point Score 1 are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) – 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water;
2. Clause 2(c) – 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel;
Marine Safety Regulations 2012
3. Regulation 96(5) – master to carry a bucket with a lanyard;
4. Regulation 96(6) – the requirement to carry a PFD for all persons;
For the purpose of boating activity conducted by Ski Racing Victoria “Schedule 1- Types of Personal Floatation Devices”, of the Marine Safety Regulations 2012 (MSR) is modified to include a personal floatation device is a PFD Type 1, 2 or 3 if it complies with the current Ski Racing Australia Rulebook.
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
• Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from the above Items 1 and 2 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
• Masters of competing vessels are only exempt from the above Items 1, 2, 3 and 4 for the duration of the event.
• Occupants of rescue and Official vessels are always to wear PFDs and must have all the prescribed safety equipment.
• Competitors and occupants of competing vessels must wear PFDs that comply with Rule 10.6 of Ski Racing Australia’s Rulebook.
• The exemptions apply from 7.00 am to 6.30 pm Saturday 26 October and 7.00 am to 12.00 pm Sunday 27 October 2019 within the exclusion zone waters – Lake Boga.
• The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By Order Of Swan Hill Rural City Council