- The NSW Government will establish two new mass vaccination centres, plus a large clinic in the heart of the city in preparation for a larger supply of Pfizer vaccines, boosting the NSW contribution to the Federal Government’s vaccine rollout.
- The new sites add to the NSW Health 100 vaccination clinics and outreach locations across the state.
- The NSW Health vaccination sites complement the GP Network, which has and will continue to deliver the majority of COVID-19 vaccines across NSW.
- Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the NSW Government is ready and willing to support getting vaccine doses out as quickly and as safely as possible.
- One of the new mass vaccination centres will be established in South West Sydney at an old Coles building in Macquarie Fields, the other will be in the Illawarra in a former David Jones building on Crown Street in Wollongong – together they will deliver tens of thousands of additional jabs each
NSW PHARMACIES TO JOIN VACCINE ROLLOUT
- Twenty-two pharmacies across regional and rural NSW will begin administering the AstraZeneca jab as part of a pilot program, in another boost to the vaccine rollout.
- The first pharmacies to administer the COVID-19 vaccine in NSW will be available from mid-July for people 60 and over and are located where access to a GP or vaccine clinic is more limited due to geography.
- It is expected additional pharmacies will join the COVID-19 vaccination program in the future. This also paves the way for pharmacies to further assist NSW in supporting the Commonwealth Government’s rollout of COVID-19 vaccines.
MAJOR NEW COVID-19 SUPPORT PACKAGE TO HELP TENS OF THOUSANDS OF BUSINESSES ACROSS NSW
- The NSW Government announced a major new grants package and changes to the Dine & Discover program to help tens of thousands of small businesses and people across NSW impacted by the current COVID-19 restrictions.
- The package includes grants of between $5,000 and $10,000 for small businesses, payroll tax deferrals for all employers, an extension of the Dine & Discover program to 31 August and the ability for people to use Dine & Discover vouchers for takeaway delivered directly to their home by the venue itself.
/Public Release. This material comes from the originating organization/author(s)and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.