Twelve new cases of COVID-19 were diagnosed in the 24 hours to 8pm last night. One previous case has been excluded after further testing, bringing the total number of cases in NSW to 3,631.
|Confirmed cases (including interstate residents in NSW health care facilities)||3,631|
|Deaths (in NSW from confirmed cases)||52|
|Total tests carried out||1,561,826|
There were 22,087 tests reported in the 24-hour reporting period, compared with 12,876 in the previous 24 hours.
Of the 12 new cases reported to 8pm last night:
- one is a traveller in hotel quarantine
- 10 were locally acquired linked to known cases including:
- two cases linked to the Thai Rock restaurant in Wetherill Park
- two cases linked to the Apollo restaurant in Potts Point
- six cases associated with the funeral gatherings cluster
- one is locally acquired with unknown source
NSW Health can advise a previously reported case attended Kids Learning Academy in Busby while infectious on 29 July. The case is a child of a previously reported case, linked with Mounties in Mount Pritchard. The centre is closed for deep cleaning while contact tracing is underway.
As advised yesterday, two cases reported in today’s numbers attended Greenway Park Public School. A previously reported case attended Bonnyrigg High School. Both schools reopened for on-site learning today. Contact tracing continues and all close contacts are in self-isolation.
- 105 cases associated with Thai Rock Wetherill Park cluster
- 58 cases associated with the Crossroads Hotel cluster
- 46 cases associated with the funeral events in Bankstown and surrounding suburbs, including 15 associated with Mounties in Mount Pritchard.
- 30 cases associated with the Potts Point cluster, including 24 cases linked to the Apollo Restaurant cluster and 6 cases linked with the Thai Rock Restaurant Potts Point cluster (two cases attended both and are counted as Thai Rock cases).
- If you are unwell, stay in, get tested and isolate.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask in situations where you cannot physically distance.
|By likely source of infection||Count|
|Locally acquired – contact of a confirmed case and/or in a known cluster||1,136|
|Locally acquired – contact not identified||376|
Counts reported for a particular day may vary over time with ongoing enhanced surveillance activities.
Returned travellers in hotel quarantine to date:
|Since 29 March 2020||Count|
|Symptomatic travellers tested||4,286|
|Since 30 June 2020||Count|
|Asymptomatic travellers screened at a day 2||10,717|
|Since 15 May 2020||Count|
|Asymptomatic travellers screened at a day 10||24,251|