Nominationsare now open for the 2020 Northern Territory Sports Awards.
The NT SportsAwards recognise the outstanding achievements of Territory athletes, coaches,sporting officials and volunteers across eight categories, with previousrecipients including Olympians and Commonwealth Games champions.
The 2019winners included international cricket superstar DArcy Short who was namedSportsperson of the Year and Palmerston BMX champion Caitlin Jong who took outthe Junior Sportsperson of the Year.
Nominatedaward categories include:
- NTSportsperson of the Year
- NTJunior Sportsperson of the Year
- NTMasters Sportsperson of the Year
- NTTeam of the Year
- EricJohnston Coach of the Year
- NTOfficial of the Year
- NTVolunteer of the Year
- NTLocal Performance of the Year.
Recipients ofthe non-nominated categories are also announced at the Awards:
- NTHall of Champions acknowledges the Territorys greatest sportspeople
- NTRoll of Honour recognises the important role of coaches, administrators andofficials
- SteveAbala Role Model, the ‘Administrator’s Medal’, awarded to an athlete who demonstratesa positive and encouraging example for others to follow.
The NT SportsAwards will be celebrated at a gala event in Darwin on Saturday 18 April 2020. Tickets will be available in the New Year.