22 January 2021 – Ord Minnett (Ords), a leading Australian wealth management group, incorporating full-service stockbroking, financial planning, funds management and portfolio services, is pleased to announce the appointment of several key appointments to the Institutional Equities Sales & Research and Private Client Research teams.
Ord Minnett welcomes the following key appointments:
· Michael Gerges as Senior Research Analyst (Healthcare) who joined the Sydney Institutional Research team on 11 January from Blue Ocean Equities where he covered the healthcare sector including pharmacy, pharmaceuticals, IVF clinics and diagnostic imaging among other sub-sectors in health. Michael was a pharmacist having operated a network of stores around the Hunter region.
· Ashley Cox as Institutional Equities Sales who joined the Sydney Institutional Equities Sales team on 18 January. Ashley was most recently a Director at Deutsche Bank in Sydney for the past 10 years and brings with him over 20 years of equities, derivatives and fixed income experience gained at international banks.
In addition to the new appointments, we welcome three Research Analysts from the recent acquisition of E. L. & C. Baillieu, and a new Associate Analyst as follows:
· James Casey – Senior Research Analyst
· Nic Burgess – Senior Research Analyst
· Luke Macnab – Research Analyst
· Supun Wijerathna – Associate Analyst
The new appointments broaden the scope and depth of research coverage and capabilities across several industry sectors of Wealth Management, Insurance, Automotive, Building & Construction, Consumer, Telecommunications, IT Services and Technology. Head of Institutional Equities, Nick Burmester welcomed the new team members