The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 21 cents per litre (cpl) to 149 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 9 July 2019, most Caltex Woolworths and Caltex sites are increasing their ULP price to 156.7 cpl (increasing by between 30 cpl and 31 cpl). Most 7-Eleven sites are increasing their ULP price to 155.9 cpl, most Puma sites to 155.7 cpl, most BP and Coles Express sites to 154.9 cpl and some Vibe sites to 149.3 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 30 sites selling below 129 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 33 cpl, which means you can save up to $19 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 123.9 cpl at BP 2go Morrison Road, BP Maida Vale and BP The Lakes Roadhouse in the East;
- 122.5 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 122.5 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Road in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 125.3 cpl at Puma High Wycombe in the East;
- 123.5 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Southern River in the South; and
- 123.5 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Morley Galleria and Caltex Woolworths Osborne Park in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 12,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.