Detectives from the Armed Crime Squad have charged a man with 21 offences following a non-fatal shooting in Whittington last week.
Emergency services were called to Freesia Court where it is alleged a man had sustained a gunshot wound about 5.40pm on Wednesday, 22 March.
A 55-year-old Whittington man was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police arrested a 29-year-old man on Hollows Court in Grovedale on Monday afternoon.
The man, of no fixed address, was charged with 21 offences:
– Aggravated burglary with firearm (to assault)
– Aggravated burglary with firearm (to steal)
– Attempted armed robbery
– Make threats to kill
– Intentionally causing serious injury
– Recklessly causing serious injury
– Intentionally causing injury
– Recklessly causing injury
– Reckless conduct endanger life
– Prohibited person using a firearm
– Carry loaded firearm in a populous place
– Theft of motor vehicle
– Criminal damage
– Traffick Methylamphetamine
– Possess Methylamphetamine
– Prohibited person possessing a firearm
– Possessing loaded firearm in public place
– Possessing ammunition without licence
– Possessing prohibited weapon
He’s been remanded and will next appear at Geelong Magistrates’ Court on 4 July 2023.