Regional Investigations Unit officers have charged a man in relation to an evade police incident that occurred on Sunday 7 August 2022.
About 8.45pm, police sighted a Holden Senator vehicle travelling on Coolbellup Avenue in Coolbellup. An attempt was made to stop the vehicle as it turned onto Forrest Road, however it will be alleged the driver failed to stop and drove at slow speed east along Forrest Road before turning right onto North Lake Road to head south.
The vehicle travelled south through several suburbs and the driver abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot into a property on the eastern side of the highway. While running through a paddock the man changed direction after being chased by a herd of cattle. The man encountered some steep terrain and started to struggle. The Police Air Wing officers directed units on the ground to his location and he was arrested without incident.
The 34-year-old man from White Gum Valley has been charged with:-
• Reckless Driving to Escape Pursuit by Police;
• Driver of a Vehicle Failed to Comply with a Direction to Stop (circumstance of aggravation);
• No authority to Drive (never held);
• Drove, Caused or Permitted a vehicle with a Forged, Replica or False Plate to be Driven on a Road;
• Possession of Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property; and
• Obstructing Public Officers
He is due to appear before the Fremantle Magistrates Court on 16 September 2022.