Northern Territory Police have charged a 50-year-old man with drug offences.
On Monday 30 March, detectives from the Drug and Organised Crime Division and local police conducted a search warrant at a residence in the Tiwi Islands.
During the search, police located six bottles of spirits, approximately 43 grams of cannabis, $3600 cash, a shotgun shell and unused clip seal bags and foil.
The man was arrested and charged with:
- possess schedule 2 dangerous drug – less than traffickable quantity
- supply schedule 2 dangerous drug – less than commercial quantity – Indigenous community
- possess / control liquor – alcohol protected area
- possess ammunition without permit
- fail to meet storage requirements
- receive / possess property commission of offence.
He was remanded in custody to appear in Darwin Local Court today.