Mirrabooka Detectives have charged four people as a result of their operation into multiple robbery incidents that occurred on 21 January 2019. All incidents involved a stolen Nissan Pathfinder in some capacity.
The incidents were:
• Nissan Pathfinder stolen from Kadina Street in North Perth;
• Just before 6am, a 77-year-old woman had a necklace forcibly removed from her neck in Potenza Avenue, Stirling;
• About 6.40am, a 64-year-old woman had a necklace forcibly removed from her neck whilst she was sitting in a car on Stubbs Tce, Daglish;
• About 8.30am, a 61-year-old woman had her handbag stolen from her car whilst she was sitting in the parked car outside the Osborne Park Hospital in Osborne Place, Stirling; and
• About 9.10am, a 71-year-old woman was walking along Renmark Street in Balcatta when she was grabbed from behind and a necklace forcibly removed from her neck.
Two boys aged 15 and 14 years have each been charged with two counts of Stealing from a Person of Another (Stirling and Daglish); one count of Steal Motor Vehicle (North Perth); one count of Stealing (Stirling) and one count of Aggravated Robbery (Balcatta). They are next due to appear in the Perth Children’s Court 4 April and 27 March 2019, respectively.
A 14-year-old boy has been charged with one count of Receiving and he is next due to appear in the Perth Children’s Court on 11 April 2019.
A 37-year-old woman from Nollamara has been charged with three counts of Fraud. She is next due to appear in the Perth Magistrates Court on 18 June 2019.
The investigation is ongoing and detectives urge anyone with any information relating to these incidents to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or report online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au. People providing information to Crime Stoppers may remain anonymous if they wish.