Brimbank’s In2Sport subsidy program, which helps young people take part in community sport, is open for priority applications.
Brimbank Mayor, Cr Ranka Rasic said the program encourages young people to get involved in local sports, regardless of financial circumstances.
“This year we’re supporting families financially impacted by COVID-19, and also females, first time applicants and people living with disability by giving them priority access to apply,” Cr Rasic said.
“Through In2Sport children aged between six and 18 years are eligible to apply for 75 per cent of the club membership fees, or up to $200 financial assistance, to contribute to club membership fees at participating Brimbank sports clubs.
“I encourage all those who want to join a local sports club and who meet the In2Sport criteria to apply,” Cr Rasic said.
The priority application period opens Monday 1 February 2021 for a three-week period. Applications for all other applicants open on Monday 22 February 2021.
To further support our community during the pandemic, this year Council has made some changes to the In2Sport eligibility criteria for the winter 2021 season to allow those financially impacted by COVID-19 to apply for this grant.
To be eligible for In2Sport, an applicant must:
- Live in Brimbank
- Choose a Brimbank sports club or a community based sports program in Brimbank (must be not-for-profit)
- Be aged six-18 years (at time of application)
- Have their name listed on the uploaded Health Care Care/Pension Concession Card. The provided concession/health care card must be valid at time of application.
Applicants who do not have a healthcare or pension card are still eligible to apply if they can provide proof that the applicant/applicant’s parents has been financially impacted by COVID-19, either through job loss, reduced hours or being temporarily being stood down.
The two documents required are:
- Proof of Brimbank residency, such as a driver’s licence, proof of age, current vehicle registration certificate, council rates or bills with name and address.
- Proof of documentation – Financially impacted by COVID-19. Please provide one document out of the two below.
- Centrelink Stimulus Package confirmation letter/statements (JobKeeper/JobSeeker statements) – must be the latest statement at time of application