- Velocity Frequent Flyer and 7-Eleven Australia announce new partnership to reward Velocity members with Velocity Points for fuel and eligible convenience purchases.
- The Domain in Sydney transformed into an airport runway for one-day only today with drones delivering 7-Eleven convenience to hundreds of spectators. Giveaways included food, coffee, Slurpee and $711 fuel vouchers.
- To celebrate the partnership, Velocity Frequent Flyer and 7-Eleven have launched a national competition giving members the chance to win a seat on Virgin Australia flight VA711 on 29 June, travelling along a mystery flight path to be revealed soon.
Thursday 27 May 2021: More than 10 million Velocity Frequent Flyer members will now earn Velocity Points whenever they shop for fuel, food, coffee and convenience items at 7-Eleven from today.
The highly anticipated new partnership between Velocity Frequent Flyer and the country’s largest independent fuel and convenience retailer will give Velocity members even more opportunities to earn Points on everyday purchases.
With more than 700 7-Eleven stores located in neighbourhoods across Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland and Western Australia, Velocity members will earn:
- 2 Points per $1 on eligible 7-Eleven in-store purchases;
- 2 Points per litre on premium fuel at 7-Eleven; and
- 1 Point per litre on regular fuel at 7-Eleven.
- Plus, Velocity members will earn 711 bonus Points on their first eligible purchase at 7-Eleven made by 28 June 2021.
To launch the partnership, Velocity and 7-Eleven transformed Sydney’s The Domain into an airport runway this morning with drones delivering convenience from the sky. Lucky spectators received free fuel vouchers, lunch for a month and coffee for a year thanks to 7-Eleven, while Virgin Australia cabin crew delivered 7-Eleven freshly ground coffee, snacks and lunches from aircraft trolleys to hundreds of people attending the public event.
Speaking at the launch of the partnership at Sydney’s The Domain, Virgin Australia Group CEO and Managing Director Jayne Hrdlicka said Velocity was committed to providing members more value and more opportunities to earn Velocity Points on everyday spend.
“Today is an incredibly exciting day for our 10 million Velocity members as we welcome 7-Eleven to the Virgin Australia Group family,” said Ms. Hrdlicka.
“We promised our members that we would deliver even more opportunities for them to earn Velocity Points for spending on everyday activities and today we’ve delivered on that promise.
“7-Eleven is Australia’s largest independent fuel and convenience retailer with over 700 outlets across Australia, so whether our members are shopping at a city convenience store or filling-up their cars with fuel, 7-Eleven’s strong presence and great in-store experience will give Velocity members more opportunities to boost their Points balances, to fly.
“We’re focussed on providing Velocity members value by delivering some fantastic rewards as well as continually looking at how we can bring new engaging benefits to our members. Our partnership with 7-Eleven is a great example of that,” she said.
7-Eleven CEO and Managing Director Angus McKay said he was energised by the prospect of two iconic Australian brands joining forces, with 7-Eleven customers set to receive more benefits than ever before.
“Knowing your customer personally has always been core to being a great retailer. This new partnership allows us to continue to learn so that we can ensure we have what our customers want, when and where they want it,” he said.
“Our goal is to continue to be leaders in convenience. Being able to align our My 7-Eleven App with Velocity Frequent Flyer means we can continue to lead the market in offering our customers the chance to save using our fuel price lock feature and in-store offers and maximise the value our customers can achieve by building their Velocity points balances at the same time.”
“We are also really looking forward to helping people take to the skies again.”
“Velocity are all about making it easier for their members to get their dream reward sooner, and our focus is all about making people’s lives easier, so Velocity Frequent Flyer represents a great fit with 7-Eleven.”
This partnership has quickly followed the acceleration of 7-Eleven’s digital strategy, signalling significant steps forward for Australia’s leading convenience retailer.
“Our digital transformation is all about our customers and providing value that matters to them. Our partnership with Velocity Frequent Flyer is an exciting next phase of our digital transformation, and there’s plenty more to come in this space,” McKay said.
From today, 7-Eleven customers need to follow three easy steps to earn Velocity Points:
- Join Velocity Frequent Flyer at www.velocityfrequentflyer.com;
- Download the My 7-Eleven app here and follow the steps to link their Velocity account to their My 7-Eleven My Card;
- Make an eligible purchase from a 7-Eleven convenience store or fuel station and upon payment scan their Velocity linked My 7-Eleven My Card.
Point of sale Velocity card readers, enabling members to simply swipe or scan their physical Velocity membership card or My Velocity Digital Card when shopping at 7-Eleven, will gradually be implemented at all 7-Eleven fuel and convenience stores, starting with stores in Western Australia, from today.
Win a seat on VA711
To celebrate the launch of the partnership, Velocity Frequent Flyer and 7-Eleven are giving eligible members the chance to win two seats on the maiden Virgin Australia VA711 flight departing Sydney Airport on 29 June 2021, travelling along an iconic 7-Eleven flight path to be revealed soon.
25 lucky members who follow the three easy steps to link their My 7-Eleven app and their Velocity Frequent Flyer account by midnight AEST Wednesday 2 June 2021, will automatically go into the draw to each win two seats on the money can’t buy exclusive VA711 flight experience up-for-grabs.
Each of the 25 prizes to be won includes return flights to Sydney (if required) from the winners’ closest capital city airport.