The Territory Labor Government has invested in over 695 activities for children, young people and families throughout the Territory in the upcoming school holiday (13 December – 26 January).
The program aims to keep young people engaged and off the streets during the extended school holiday period in the Territory.
The school holiday program provides a great opportunity for young Territorians to experience new sports, get creative through arts and craft activities, or go on fun excursions.
Highlights of the December/January school holiday program:
- Alice Springs is offering 245 activities including discos, Geek in Residence, Better Bodies activities, Splash Party, Desert Hoops and late night at the GAP and Brown St drop-in activities.
- Darwin has more than 120 engaging and diverse activities including Djembe drumming, healthy food workshops, late night sessions at the Shak, basketball, pool parties and discos. Along with some new and exciting programs and activities, there is a Christmas Day BBQ at Casuarina Square for the community.
- Palmerston has 115 activities including pool parties, YMCA activities, Young Mulligas and Cudgeries, youth drop-in sports and movie nights.
- Tennant Creek/Barkly is offering 100 activities including arts and crafts, sports, cooking class, pool days, movie nights and loads of fun activities and events at the Youth Link Drop-In Centre.
- Katherine is offering 75 activities including a pool party, movie nights, cooking classes, skate park workshops and a variety of craft activities.
- East Arnhem has 10 community hubs providing school holiday activities to ensure children and young people across the region’s 33,000 square kilometres are engaged. More than 40 activities are being provided in East Arnhem, which include youth wellbeing camps, sports carnivals and basketball events.
Most events or activities are free. Visit the website www.youth.nt.gov.au