- The Bureau of Meteorology issued a final flood warning for the Macleay River, no further flooding is anticipated from this rainfall event.
- NSW SES issued a Return Safely announcement for the Lower Macleay
- An evacuation warning is still current for Stuarts Point
- Bridges are opening this morning but it is essential that drivers do not use closed bridges even if they appear to be clear
- Crescent Head Road at the Corduroy is OPEN FOR ESSENTIAL USE ONLY under a pilot vehicle arrangement for high clearance vehicles
- Waste facilities are open as usual
Bridges that cross the Macleay River upstream of Kempsey are progressively opening.
It is critical that you abide by the bridge closures.
Mud and debris remains on the bridge decks and staff must inspect the structures for any damage prior to opening.
Please be patient while inspections occur, we hope to have these bridges open during the course of the weekend.
- Sherwood Bridge is CLOSED
- Turners Flat Bridge is OPEN
- Temagog Bridge is CLOSED
- Toorooka Bridge is CLOSED
- Bellbrook Bridge is CLOSED
- Dungay Creek Causeway is CLOSED
- Dowlings Falls Causeways is CLOSED
Armidale Road at Blackbird Flat to Forest Way within the Armidale Regional Council’ LGA area is CLOSED
Belmore River Left Bank Road is CLOSED
Belmore River Right Bank Road is CLOSED
Eden Street is OPEN
Euroka Road – at Theresa Street is CLOSED
Gladstone Street underpass is CLOSED
Hickeys Creek Road, Millbank is CLOSED
Kinchela Creek Left Bank Road is CLOSED
Kinchela Creek Right Bank Road is CLOSED
Loftus Road is CLOSED
Macleay Valley Way (Smith Street) – near Shell Service Station to Frederickton is CLOSED
Maria River Road is CLOSED
Nicholson Street/Macquarie Street – at intersection is CLOSED
Old Station Road is CLOSED
Saleyards Road – at both ends is CLOSED
Seale Road is CLOSED
Second Lane is CLOSED
Wide Street below Showground is CLOSED
Crescent Head Road at the Corduroy is OPEN FOR ESSENTIAL USE ONLY under a pilot vehicle arrangement for high clearance vehicles
Bloomfield Street is OPEN
Collombatti Road – near the tea tree farm is OPEN
Crescent Head Road at Rudders Lagoon is OPEN
Eden Street is OPEN
Macleay Valley Way between Frederickton and Plummers Lane is OPEN
Old Aerodrome Road is OPEN
Plummers Lane is OPEN
Queen Street Causeway, South Kempsey is OPEN
Smithtown Road is OPEN
South West Rocks Road between Gladstone and Jerseyville is OPEN
South West Rocks Road between Red Hill and Gladstone is OPEN
Stuart Street is OPEN
Summer Island Road is OPEN
All flood mitigation structures are closed:
- Kinchela Creek cross over and relief gates are CLOSED
- Belmore River cross over and relief gates are CLOSED
- Christmas Creek Flood Gates are CLOSED
- Euroka Creek Flood Gates are CLOSED
- Ryan’s Cut Outlet remains open to the ocean.
- Big Hill Outlet remains open to the ocean.
Updates will be issued as bridges open today and a further update in this fashion around 4.30pm.