The first round of the City of Ballarat Community Impact Grants for the 2022/23 financial year are now open for applications for local not-for-profit incorporated organisations, groups, or associations.
Non-incorporated groups may also apply if they have an auspice relationship with an incorporated group.
Community groups looking to ramp up their activities but may need new equipment or other project support, are being encouraged to apply.
Applications are now being accepted for the program, which provides up to $20,000 in funding to support community groups and organisations to run projects, programs, events, and other activities or to buy necessary equipment to promote community outcomes in:
- Environmental sustainability
- Healthy, connected and inclusive communities
- Community capacity building
City of Ballarat Councillor Des Hudson said the Community Impact Grants provided valuable support to community organisations in need, particularly during the post-pandemic period.
“We want to support community groups to build their user bases and buy new equipment and these grants can help to provide organisational aid,” Cr Hudson said.
“I would urge any community group looking for that bit of extra support to apply.”
- Go to www.ballarat.vic.gov.au/communitygrants
- Download and read through ‘Community Impact Grant Guidelines’, ‘Budget Tip Sheet’ and ‘Making your project more inclusive’ documents
- Gather all the documents you need in one place
- Select your preferred grant program and complete the application form and requirements
- Submit your application for consideration by the Community Impact Committee
Grant applications opened Monday 15 August and close 5pm Monday 12 September 2022.