There have been two new cases of COVID-19 today, both reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 725 cases notified in South Australia.
Following further investigations, an historical case reported on Friday 23 April 2021 has been removed from our case numbers.
Today’s cases include a man in his 40s and a female child, who both acquired their infections overseas and have been in medi-hotels since their arrival. Two people remain in hospital in a stable condition.
Recent wastewater samples have returned a low positive result from the BH02 sub-catchment zone. SA Health will continue to monitor and retest in this catchment. This result could be explained by historic cases, however it is a timely reminder that people should get tested for COVID-19 with even the mildest of symptoms.
The BH02 sub-catchment zone includes suburbs from North Haven down to West Lakes Shore.
- Total new cases today – 2
- Total number currently in hospital – 2
- Total cases to date – 725
- Recovered cases – 690
- Deaths – 4
- Tests carried out yesterday – 3,485
- Total tests to date – 1,271,818
- Active cases – 31
- Overseas acquired – 31
- Close contact – 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) – 0
- Interstate acquired – 0
- Total vaccinations administered to date – 165,372*
* Figure includes both Commonwealth and SA Health administered vaccines.