There has been one new case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 621 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s case is a man in his 30s who recently returned from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival.
Due to the presence of COVID-19 traces in wastewater in the Adelaide CBD, it’s imperative that anyone who has been in the Adelaide CBD in the past week seek immediate testing if they have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild.
- Total new cases today – 1
- Total number currently in hospital – 0
- Total cases to date – 621
- Recovered cases – 613
- Deaths – 4
- Tests carried out yesterday – 2,191
- Total tests to date – 1,115,399
- Active cases – 4
- Overseas acquired – 4
- Close contact – 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) – 0
- Interstate acquired – 0
SA Health administered vaccinations update
- Vaccinations administered yesterday – 450
- Total vaccinations administered to date – 4,274
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting