There has been one new case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 582 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s case is a teenager who recently returned from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since her arrival.
Anyone in SA who was at the Gourmet Cribtin in Broken Hill on Saturday 2 January between 10am and 10.40am should get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days regardless of the result.
In light of recent cases in Victoria, people travelling in or out of Victoria should monitor the Victorian DHHS website for the latest updates and get tested immediately if they develop any symptoms, no matter how mild.
- Total new cases today – 1
- Total number currently in hospital – 0
- Total cases to date – 582
- Recovered cases – 567
- Deaths – 4
- Tests carried out yesterday – 6,254
- Total tests to date – 863,526
- Active cases – 11
- Overseas acquired – 11
- Close contact – 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) – 0
- Interstate acquired – 0
- Under investigation (in quarantine) – 0
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste